Now that your done Christmas shopping and hopefully stayed within your budget, It’s time to Elf Yourself. What do I mean by don’t forget to Elf Yourself? It means that when you’re done shopping for others and have money left over go buy yourself something to reward yourself or just because you deserve it. If you choose not to buy anything for yourself, you can always use the following ideas.
- Put The Extra Money In Your Checking And/Or Savings Account.
- Hide It Somewhere In Your House.
- Give The Excess Money Away.
I remember when I was working I would start my Christmas shopping in January and have it completed by October. Now I start later like July and finish by the middle of December. A Big difference I know. At the end of the post I’m adding a contact form so you can let me know when you start your Christmas shopping and finish it. You can leave it in the comment section too.
Happy Christmas shopping and don’t forget to Elf yourself.
This is that wonderful time of the year that we buy gifts for our friends and family. We are willing to go out and join the hustle and bustle of the season just to buy the perfect gift. Now the hard part and that’s buying a gift within your budget. It can be done and I figured out some ways to stay within your budget. I will list some ways that can help you and I know they work because I’ve tried them.
A lot of us buy online instead of in store now days mostly for convenience sake and that is all well and good but have you ever compared the prices online to the in store prices? I have and most of the time I found that in store prices were lower. Yes I’m taking in consideration of coupons too. You see a lot of times when buying online whether it be on “Black Friday” or Sometime Else, the prices will be different. Sure they’re supposed to be lower on “Black Friday” but are they really? For Example, you go online find an item you want to give someone then you find the same item on the same site an hour or so later for a lower price. Even worse you find out you could have bought the same item in store for a way lower price than for what you paid. Has this ever happened to you. Let me know in the comments or by using the contact form at the end of the post. Now onto my tips for staying within your budget.
11 TIPS TO GIVE NICE CHRISTMAS GIFTS WHEN YOU’RE ON A BUDGET
- Write Down The People And/Or Animals You Want To Give Gifts To.
- Figure Out A Reasonable Base Price For Each Person And Don’t Go Over It.
- Find Something The Person Will Really Like That Is Within Your Budget.
- If You Find That You Might Be Going Over Budget Change Your Gift(there is Nothing Wrong With Changing Your Gift).
- If You Find Everything You Want To Buy Is Over Your Budget Then You Can Make A Gift For Your People Who You Are Giving To If You’re A Crafty Person.
- Remember It’s The Thought That Counts Not How Much Money You Spend.
- After You Found Gifts on Your Budget For The People And/Or Animals, Now The Waiting Begins To Get The Gifts If You Ordered them. If Not, You Can Start Wrapping If You Please.
- If You Found Only Some Of Your Gifts-No Problem. I Am Sure You Will Keep Looking Till All Gifts Are Bought.
- Another Thing I Do Each Year And Have Found It Helpful Is I Write Down On Index Cards Or A Note Pad The Names Of People And/Or Animals I’m Giving A Gift To, What Their Gift Or Gifts Are, Have I Ordered Or Bought Them And Finally Whether Or Not I Got Them. If I Haven’t Got Them I Don’t Write Anything Down.
- Animals Mean A Lot To Us So Like People We Over Spend. Set A Set Price For Your Cat Or Dog. Yes I Said Set A Price For Your Pet. If there Is A Pet Carrier, A Scratching Post Or A Cage For Your Dog Set It At A Price You Can Afford. Your Pet Might Get That Perfect Gift From You/Santa Paws After All.
- After Getting All Your Gifts Hopefully On Budget too, You’re ready To Start Your Christmas Wrapping. Don’t Wait To The Last Minute.
When I buy for my family of 11+people, I have to follow these tips. Only problem is I always go over budget with my Mom and Dad but everybody else I stay within my budget.
Now the next 2 sections will be about Cats and Dogs.
Some good gifts for your cat are:
- Cardboard Boxes.
- Cat Grass.
- Cat Toys To Exercise Your Cat.
- Cat Food.
- A New Pet Bed.
- A New Blanket For Your Cat To Sleep On.
- Balls Of Yarn.
- More Catnip.
- A Heated House.
- A New Scratch Post
- A New Cat Tree.
Now For Gifts For Dogs. Since Dogs and Cats are different but both like Christmas their gift list is somewhat different too. What a dog might want is:
- Dog Food.
- Dog Toys To Exercise Your Dog.
- A New Collar.
- A New Pet Bed.
- A New Pet Carrier.
- A New Crate Or Cage.
- A Heated House.
Now that I’ve given you some tips to stay within your budget when you buy gifts, I certainly hope these tips help you. Happy Shopping Everyone.
Today is day 6 of Blogmas. 19 days to go. I decided to write on My Favorite Christmas Songs And My Cat’s Favorite Christmas Songs. You read right my cat has favorite Christmas songs. I thought I would start with my cat’s favorite Christmas songs. They are listed on the image below.
My cat told me she had some more favorite Christmas songs. they are on the images below. Does your cat or dog have favorite Christmas songs like my cat, Daisy Mae? Please let me know in the comment section or by using the contact form at the end of this post.
Now my Favorite Christmas Songs. They are as follows:
- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.
- Santa Clause Is Coming To Town.
- Up On The Housetop.
- Handel’s Messiah.
- Joy To The World.
- Hark The Herald Angels Sing.
- Mary Did You Know?
- Here Comes Santa Clause, Here Comes Santa Clause.
- O Christmas Tree.
- Jingle Bells.
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
I could list more because I have several favorite Christmas Songs. What are your favorite Christmas songs? Please tell me in the comment section or contact me by the contact form I’m adding at the end of this post. Yes I’m really interested in knowing.
For Blogmas Day 2, Daisy Mae and I have decided to do our Christmas Wish Lists.
The things on my grown up wish list that I’m asking for from Santa are as follows:
- A computer.
- A Diamond Ring.
- Some Mystery/Suspense Books.
- To Be With My Family.
- Peace On Earth And Goodwill Toward Everyone.
- Another Good Year Blogging.
- To See The New Year And Enjoy It.
- To Get A Full-Time Job With Benefits.
- To Understand My Computer More.
- Not To Judge But Respect Peoples Opinions/Choices Even If I Think They Are Wrong.
Daisy Mae’s Christmas wish list.
- Cat Nip.
- Lots Of Kitty Treats.
- Kitty Litter That Clumps.
- Cat Nip Toys.
- Cat Grass.
- More Cat Nip.
- Lots Of Cuddling And Snuggling.
- Lots Of Love.
- Lots Of Meow Mix And Fancy Feast Cat Food.
- I Hope Everyone Gets What They Asked Santa For And More Especially My Human.
- I Want Lots Of Companionship.
Daisy Mae and I want to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
What’s your caption for this Turkey picture?
I am very excited and pleased to announce that WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) and CRYSTAL’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE have been honored by KittyClysm* by being awarded THE SUPAWSTARS SPOTLIGHT AWARD in recognition of a pawsome job from one pet blogger to another. I would like to thank KittyClysm* for nominating me for this award on both of my blogs. It was nice to receive this award from a pet blogger. I really appreciate it. You can check out KittyClysm* by CLICKING HERE . If you would like to check out the award post and see if some of your favorite blogs were awarded this wonderful award, you can do so by going to Supawstars Pet Blogger Spotlight Award! (08/2017) .
I would like to give this award away to other great animal blogs so I can show my appreciation for their pet blogs and if you get this award, I encourage you to nominate other pet/animal blogs and do the same. I haven’t decided how often I’m going to give it away but I can tell you I’ll probably give it away again sometime.
If you have any suggestions for who should get this Award please let me know because I have started a list.
Interested in giving the Supawstars Pet Blogger Spotlight award away? Here’s how it works. Here are the instructions for giving the Supawstars Pet Blogger Spotlight Award! The instructions can be found by going to the following link INSTRUCTIONS FOR GIVING THE SUPAWSTARS AWARD AWAY .
The Instructions can also be found at GIVING THE SUPAWSTARS SPOTLIGHT AWARD .
My Nominees for this pet blogger award are:
- Animals Are Feeling Beings Too – I think this blog should get the spotlight because it not only gives pet tips but puts up other good posts too.
- Books,dogs and cats – Even though this blog deals with books it also deals with dogs and cats and that is why I’m spotlighting this blog.
- Cats and Life – This is a cat blog and has a lot of good qualities for a pet blog and that is why I’m spotlighting this blog.
- RoseyToesSews – This blog is mostly about 8 kitties but the reason I’m spotlighting this blog is because of the tips.
- 15 And Meowing.com – I chose this pet blog because it deals with tips for pet owners, blogs about pets and about their favorite charities and rescues. This blog is also a blog hop so they also help out other bloggers.
Here’s how this award works!
GIVING THE SUPAWSTARS SPOTLIGHT AWARD
- Start a new blog post for giving away The Supawstars Spotlight Award. You can use the image above(which is from kittyclysm.com) within the post and/or as the post thumbnail if you’d like(please download the image and re-upload it onto your site if this is the case!)
- Did someone award you The Supawstars Spotlight Award? Thank them and link to their blog!
- Choose 5 pet bloggers that you think really deserve to be in the spotlight!
- List each of these pet bloggers, linking to their blogs, and describing why they each deserve to be in the spotlight.
- Encourage the pet bloggers you gifted the award to, to give out The Supawstars Spotlight Award to 5 pet bloggers themselves and link to this page so they can find the instructions.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs you awarded to them know they’ve been handed the spotlight!
SHOW OFF YOUR AWARD!
Were you given the Supawstars Award by another pet blogger? Are you a pet blogger who wants to support Supawstars’ mission to get more views to all those amazing bloggers out there who deserve it?
Show off your Supawstar status with some awesome sidebar bling! Find instructions on how to add this button to your page by going to Instructions For Giving The Supawstars Spotlight Award Away .
HOW OFTEN TO GIVE AWAY THE AWARD:
How often you award the Supawstars Spotlight Award is completely up to you! Do it once, do it twice, do it monthly, or even weekly, doesn’t matter! What’s important is that each and every time you award the Supawstars Spotlight Award, you’re helping other pet bloggers get the attention and appreciation they’ve earned through their hard work on their blog posts! Shower them with attention, and who knows, you may find the spotlight one day return to you!
I wrote a short poem about my dog Shandar who died. I called it A TRIBUTE TO SHANDAR.
Shandar~You came into our lives as an Alaskan Malamute puppy dog~Your dad was a champion and a Kal-Kan dog~You were the runt of the litter~You were a possible show dog~And not Expected to get as big as you got. ~ You took us for walks~You pounced on our beds and Pillows ~Chewed blankets ~ But all in all~You were a dog with a good disposition.
Shandar~You will be sadly missed but not forgotten~ You are forever in our hearts and Always be.~ Thank you for the many years of love and being our pet.~They were not only joyous~But they were also a blessing.
Please forgive the yellowing around the edges of this picture. On 11-9-1989, I drew this picture of my dog who passed away. I thought it was a fitting tribute to her.