Here’s a giveaway I thought everyone would like. Good Luck
LAUGHTER THE BEST MEDICINE
The world needs laughter and humor in this world and comics about the Rise of the Superheroes brings that. This helps cheer you up whether you need it or not.
When they say laughter is the best medicine they are not kidding. It is something we are in dire need of with all the evil in this world.
Our people who have mental disease or are just plain depressed should start reading and looking at comics and they might find it might help them.
Am I a doctor? No but I do know laughter helps. If you smile at someone when they are down or mad they will most likely wonder what you are up to not to mention that you get more wrinkles when you frown than when you smile. Also it is easier to smile and doesn’t put as much pressure on your jaw. Would I recommend this book from the excerpt? Yes.
I’ve been tagged by the BookHookedNook to do the Book Blogger Test Tag sort of. You see the BookHookedNook tagged a few people and then said “Feel free to do this tag or not!🙂”. So guess what my blogging friends? I’m doing this tag.🙂 BookHookedNook, I’m sorry I’m getting this post for this tag out late.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the ten questions in this post.
- Nominate at least 5 people to do it also.
- Let your Nominees know you nominated them.
TOP THREE BOOKISH PET PEEVES
- Love Triangles.
- Instant Loves.
- To much going on.
THREE BOOK CONFESSIONS
- I dog ear my pages sometimes and fold the pages to mark my place.
- I sometimes let the book sit a few days before reading it.
- I hate books that seem thrown together and too much is going on.
LAST TIME YOU CRIED READING A BOOK?
Honestly, I don’t ever remember of crying while reading a book.
NUMBER OF BOOKS ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
I don’t have a bedside table so 0. However, I’ve got 1 unread book on my desk and who knows how many unread books around the house.
FAVORITE READING SNACK?
I normally read before bed or sitting on my bed so I don’t snack in bed for obvious reasons.
THREE BOOKS YOU’D RECOMMEND TO ANYONE:
- If Cats Could Talk: THE MEANING OF HIS MEOW by Mike Fertig.
- The BIBLE.
- Chicken Soup for the Christian: 101 Stories to Open the Spirit by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Patty Aubery & Nancy Mitchell with contributions from Norman Vincent Peale, Corrie ten Boom, Dick Van Patten, Charles W. Colson, Gary Smalley, Joan Wester Anderson, Dick Van Dyke And Many More.
A PICTURE OF YOUR BOOKSHELF
HAHA, HAHA YEAH RIGHT!! Sorry for the laughter but my bookshelf is not just in one place. My bookshelf is where I can find a place to put my books. So I apologize but I do not have a picture for you.
HOW MUCH DO BOOKS MEAN TO YOU?
My way of winding down and I think you should take care of books. Reading is a window into the future.
BIGGEST READING SECRET?
I actually have more than one reading secret. My secrets are:
- I let my books set a few days before reading them.
- I absolutely despise books that are just thrown together then the author tries to cover his/her tracks by adding additional chapters and/or words.
- I really don’t like Charles Stanley’s books.
- Books & Adventures
- A Booknerd Travels
- Books,dogs and cats
Also, if you weren’t tagged above and you want to do this tag, please feel free to do it.
Around My Birthday and Christmastime, I was fortunate to win a book by Courtney Livingston called The Smart Girl’s Guide to Surviving Her Twenties. Now I can only imagine what you all must be thinking. Why would a 50-year-old want to read a book that is mostly geared toward the people in their twenties? Interesting question which deserves an interesting answer. I wondered the same thing until I started reading the book. Despite the book’s title this book is for everyone not just twenty year olds.
WHAT I THOUGHT OF THE BOOK:
This book was in my opinion fantastic. It was not only geared for our young people in their twenties but the points and ideas that were made could be used by everyone. The ideas about health, exercising, finances and much, much more. I found the book interesting and helpful to all who read it.
IS THE TILE RIGHT FOR THE BOOK?:
I will answer this question with a yes. Why is it right? I think the title is right even though this book applies to everyone the title The Smart Girl’s Guide to Surviving Her Twenties is right in my opinion because when you start young like in your twenties it help you continue the habits when you get older.
WHO SHOULD READ THIS BOOK?:
That’s an easy question. Anyone who can read.
You can find Courtney Livingston at her blog which is on The Smart Girl’s guide to Surviving Her Twenties. This is a great blog so go and check it out.
WHERE CAN THE BOOK BE BOUGHT AT?:
The book The Smart Girl’s Guide to Surviving Her Twenties can be bought at The Smart Girl’s Guide to Surviving Her Twenties(Amazon.com) .
Once you’ve bought and read this book, Courtney Livingston and Crystal Stewart kindly ask you to write a review at amazon.com and give your honest opinion. Also we would appreciate if you link to our blogs Courtney Livingston and WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) and also at Amazon.com. I think you’ll find this book helpful and interesting. Happy Reading Everyone.
I was given permission to write this review and snap a couple of photos by Courtney Livingston who is the Author of the book I just reviewed. Also, I won the book through a contest on Courtney Livingston’s blog so this book was not given to me to do this review.
THE FALL BOOK TAG was created by Bionic Book Worm . If you haven’t checked this site out then you need to. I did and I liked this site so much I followed it. Hope you will too.
I would like to thank bookedhookednook.wordpress.com for tagging me. if you haven’t checked this site out yet, you really need to. I did and I liked it so much I followed this site and hope you will too.
I’M TIRED OF BEING ORDINARY, ARE YOU? BY WM. ALLEN was a book that is not only refreshing but humorous too. It’s like a self-help book that you’ve never seen before. The book helps you reach your goals in 52 weeks or 1 year. The picture on the front of the book is what drew me to the book plus it sounded interesting.
SMALL TOWN JUSTICE BY VALERIE HANSEN did not end as I expected it would. There could be more than 1 ending but teased you how it might end. This is a good book.
CAPITOL K-9 UNIT CHRISTMAS BY SHIRLEE McCoy AND LENORA WORTH is a 2 in 1 book that gave me the warm and fuzzies and both stories are happy stories.
This book has 2 short stories in one. It’s light-hearted and just right for season. I hope you read this book.
RANSOM BY TERRI REED is a book with non-stop action. It has twists and turns too in the plot. RANSOM is a very good book.
My most anticipated read well I don’t have one at this time.
I TAG EVERYONE!!
Graphics By: youtube.com(Bottom 2 Book Tags) and Graphics By: tinyobsessions.wordpress.com(Top Book Tag)
I have been tagged by Danielle of the The Introverted Book Nerd for the Reader Problems Book Tag. If you want to visit her site and I suggest you do you can click on the above link.
The questions from Danielle will be in bold print and my answers in italics.
- You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next? I look at the titles then I read the back of the book then I decide what book I read. It also depends what I’m in the mood to read.
- You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed? Usually I continue reading the book but there have been times I’ve quit but that’s rare.
- The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads Challenge. Do you try and catch up and how? I’m going to be honest here, I never took a Goodreads Challenge. In fact my personal challenge to myself is read as many books as I can without the pressure. I find it’s more enjoyable.
- The covers do. not. match. How do you cope? Don’t worry about it. Like Danielle said not enough money to have matching covers.
- Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings. If I can’t find someone to share my feelings of a book, I sometimes talk to my mom.
- You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal? I usually don’t read in public but if I were in public I’d put the book down and go somewhere private.
- A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!? I would most likely re-read the book.
- You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you tell people nope when they ask? Just Say No!!
- Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump? Watch tv and just don’t read until I’m back in the mood to read again. That’s usually anywhere from 2 to 4 days.
- There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy? Usually not many because I’m unemployed and I’m on a budget. In September though I pre-ordered a book and in the months before, I bought some books including a book series.
- After you’ve bought the books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them? It depends. If I am in the middle of a book, I will finish reading the book and my TBR books before I start my new book.
I really don’t know who to tag so if your name is not listed below and you want to do this tag Go for it! EVERYONE HAS BEEN TAGGED.
I was tagged by The Introverted Book Nerd for The Newbie Tag since I’m fairly new to blogging. Everyone go and check out her blog because it’s just amazing and give her site a follow while you’re at it. Now let’s get on with The Newbie Tag.
1. WHY DID YOU START THIS BLOG?
I started out my blog mostly because I thought it would be fun to do. I do book reviews and a little bit of everything on my site. But just started doing book reviews. I do read a lot though.
2. WHAT ARE SOME FUN AND UNIQUE THINGS THAT YOU CAN BRING TO BOOK BLOGGING?
My take on book reviews. Just being myself.
3. WHAT ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT THIS NEW BLOG?
Making friends in the blogging community. I enjoy blogging so making friends online would be great.
4. WHY DO YOU LOVE TO READ?
Reading helps me wind down. I’m always interested to see if the book has a good plot.
5. WHAT BOOK OR SERIES GOT YOU INTO READING?
Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys books and the Narnia series. When I got older I read the Bible.
6. WHAT QUESTIONS WOULD YOU ASK YOUR FAVORITE AUTHORS?
- Where do you get your ideas
- What inspires you
7. WHAT CHALLENGES DO YOU THINK STARTING WILL BE THE HARDEST TO OVERCOME?
I think the hardest will be the technical aspect of blogging.
8. WHEN DID YOU START READING?
When I was real young.
9. WHERE DO YOU READ?
In my bedroom mostly.
10. WHAT KIND OF BOOKS DO YOU LIKE TO READ?
I’m flexible. Meaning I’ll read a book just to see what it’s like with the exception of horror. I probably won’t read horror.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU ARE A NEWBIE BOOK BLOGGER, THEN I TAG YOU!
The book COWBOYS UNDER FIRE: COWBOYS OF HOLIDAY RANCH is a ROMANTIC suspense book by Carla Cassidy, New York Times best selling author that keeps you guessing who done it until the end of the book.
The book COWBOYS UNDER FIRE: COWBOYS OF HOLIDAY RANCH is about Forensic pathologist Patience Forbes is a whiz with the dead-it’s flesh-and-blood men who wreck equilibrium. And cowboy Forest Stevens isn’t fooled by the guarded beauty’s icy facade. So when she’s attacked, he appoints himself her personal bodyguard. Her very personal bodyguard…
Patience is determined to investigate mysterious bones on the Holiday Ranch-not fall into bed with her sexy protector. But Forest is too masculine, too willing to lay down his life for hers…and to set on living a different life from the one from the one she’s built. With danger closing in, can Forest tame the shrew before it’s too late?
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE BOOK:
I liked was the fact it started out slow then by the middle of the book the plot got really interesting. Also, I liked the fact that Patience had an icy attitude toward everyone and just wanted to dedicate herself to her job and her job only. I also liked the fact that Forest Stevens doesn’t give up on Patience but keeps persisting.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
I didn’t like the fact that the new owner was introduced briefly and also mentioned the owner might sell the ranch and the workers might be out of a job. I didn’t like this because even though at the end of the book the murderer is revealed but it doesn’t mention if the new owner is going to sell or not. In my opinion, I thought the reader was left hanging and guessing what the new owner did. I also thought another book could have been written about the ranch being sold or not and on the workers if they kept their jobs or not. This could be another book. All in All, I thought the book kept you on the edge of your seat until the end of the book.
- Harlequin Newsletters
- Facebook For Harlequin Books
- Twitter For Harlequin Books
- Carla Cassidy Links
- Carla Cassidy E-Bay/Amazon.com Links
*Please Note that Permission was given by e-mail from Harlequin to take pictures of the cover.*