Everyone has their routine and something tells me watching the news falls in your routine somewhere. If it doesn’t, you’re lucky because the news is usually depressing anyway unless you have something like Royal wedding or a bunch of ducklings being rescued from a sewer drain and reunited with the mother duck(which actually did happen).
In my part of the world(don’t know about yours) the news is talking about bullying, sexual assault accusations, Trump canceling and un-canceling the summit with North Korea, a lot of protesting over blacks getting shot and even more depressing news which I’m not going to list. I’m not trying to be mean but if you don’t follow commands you might get shot.
#Bullying is very real. Bullying not only happened when I went to school and it happened a lot. Only Back then it wasn’t called bullying it was called being picked on continuously. Today some children that are bullied they take what they think the easy way out which is suicide. Also, please note that bullying can lead to sexual assaults. I found 2 flow charts on dealing with bullying. Actually, the charts deal with bullying and suicide. The charts are below. Please note that most of the time the percentage of girls who thought about suicide and/or attempted suicide is higher than the boys.
#Depressing News is very real. I hate to say it but if you watch the news then your bound to come across depressing news daily. Actually, my solution to this problem is simple don’t watch the news. Oh I know what your probably thinking how am I supposed to find out the weather? Ever hear of a smart phone or a computer. Most of you have a smart phone and/or computer so check the weather that way. I found a link online that sends me Weather Updates twice a day, Amber Alerts(if there are any), Weather Alerts when warnings and/or watches are issued for the county I live in( which is Butler County), I get notified when there are recalls and so much more. I love this link.
#Positive Solutions is actually very simple. I’m sure there are more positive solutions than what I’m going to list but if you think of additional solutions that’s great. Also, please feel free to let me know by using the contact form or comment form below my solutions.
MY SOLUTIONS FOR BULLYING
- Don’t bully anyone yourself.
- Try to prevent bullying before harm comes to either party.
- Keep encouraging your child or young adult and encourage the person who’s doing the bullying and you might see a change but there’s never any guarantees.
- Stay positive and give a friendly smile no matter what you’re feeling about the person.
- If you know that someone is think about committing suicide, GET THEM HELP RIGHT AWAY!!
- Learn the signs of someone wanting to commit suicide. One main sign is:
- When they start giving their stuff away for no reason.
MY SOLUTIONS FOR DEPRESSING NEWS
- Don’t watch it.
- Only watch the non-depressing news(if there is any).
- Focus on the positive.
- Repeat 1, 2, & 3.