*CONTACT FORM* – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!!
*COMMENTS* – – – FOR COMMENTS TO SHOW SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
**I was given a PDF of this book
by the author June Foster for my
BOOK REVIEW FOR “A HOME FOR FRITZ”
Author: June Foster
Title: “A Home For Fritz”
Rating: 5 stars out of 5 stars
This book is an excellent read. The book starts out about a young girl, the boss’s daughter and the boss’s daughter. The boss sends his daughter and the employee(young girl) to a ranch for a few days. The employee falls in love with a wrangler that works at the ranch. The boss’s daughter sees this and tries to get the wrangler interested in her. She fails miserably.
The employee had gone exploring finds a dog caught in a coyote trap. A wrangler named Garrett helps her get the dog out of the trap and they got the dog to the vet.
I won’t say to much more because I don’t want to giveaway the book. However, what I will tell you that this is a fantastic book. I loved it. Starts with an OH NO event and with the twists and turns of this book it made for very good reading. I recommend this book.
About The Author: June Foster is a retired teacher turned author and lives with her husband in Alabama. She began writing in January 2010 while sailing down the freeway in their RV. To date she has 4 books with Desert Breeze Publishing and one with WhiteFire Publishing. Her novella Red and the Wolf is based on the fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood came out in March 2014. She loves to tell stories of a flawed character who overcomes the struggles in their lives by God’s Power and His word.
Where Can June Foster Be Found? June Foster can be found different places. You can visit her at:
- Amazon Author Page
- Twitter Page
- Facebook Page
- WhiteFire Author Page
- Forget Me Not Romance
- Forget Me Not Romance Author Page
- Goodreads Author Page
- June Foster’s Blog
Below is the first group to get CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD.
Remember all you have to do is only:
- Give this award to 1 person.
- Link to my site.
- If you do a post, share or reblog please put #CRYSTALANDDAISYMAE’SRECOGNITIONAWARD.
- Animals Are Feeling Beings Too
- Books,dogs and cats
- Cats and Life
- Pets Overload
- Conscious Cat
- Canny Catnip Nook
- Cat Chat With Caren And Cody
MY EXPERIENCES WITH COMPUTER SCAMS AND ADVICE NOT TO FALL FOR THEM
Today, computer scams of all kinds seem to be popular. Even computer savvy people aren’t immune. It seems like bi-monthly you’re hearing about a scam. If you’re new to computers you may fall for the scams. I grew up without a cell phone or computer and to find that post you can go to Growing Up Without A Computer Or Cell Phone.
SOME of the computer scams I’m familiar with is the “LOGMEIN” Scam, the “Microsoft” scam, the “Anti-Virus” scam, the “Pop-Up/Survey scam, the “Inbox/Trash link scam and many more.
I know my title says my experience and my advice to you so let’s talk about my experiences and my advice of what you should do.
First off, when I first got my first computer I was computer illiterate with the exception of knowing how to run e-mail and turn my computer on/off. I learned by trial and error as I went along.
Experience #1: “LOGMEIN” Scam – I had these people call about my computer they said they needed remote access(that should’ve been a flag right there to me) but since I was just learning so I wasn’t aware of this. My advice is never give remote access and if you do for some reason, change your password right away so they can’t get access to your computer.
Experience #2: “Anti-Virus” Scam – This can take many forms. Some of the forms you may see is through e-mail, pop-ups or by phone just to name a few. On your computer along the sides or in the center there are advertisements with prices that seem to good to be true. Usually if the price and what they seems to good to be true it usually it is. Also, these scams come by phone sometimes too. This goes with my experience above. My warranty expired and they wanted me to buy it again. I learned from my experience and when I refused to buy their anti-virus program they weren’t happy. Soon after that I took my computer to be checked and they found so many viruses and malware on my computer I was in disbelief. I couldn’t imagine how they got there then it hit me, they were probably planted there. I’ve suspected but can’t prove they did it but they were very angry when I refused to buy their warranty. Soon after that, my computer crashed. My advice is simple never go for the prices on pop-ups there most likely scams. Always do research first.
Experience #3: “Pop-Up/Survey” Scams – Never answer these because most of the time they’re scams.
Experience #4: “Your Microsoft On Your Computer Has Expired” Scam – Someone calls you on the phone and proceeds to tell you Your Microsoft on your computer has expired. Since I’m on my third computer I’ve learned what’s a scam and what’s not. It was something to hear but when my mother asked me are you sure? I said yes because Microsoft came with all my computers. I called the place where I got my computer and they said it’s a scam.
Because I was new to computers I fell for the top 3.
What To Do If You Fall For A Scam:
- Change All Your Passwords Right Away.
- Run a Full computer Scan to make sure no malware or viruses have been planted in your computer.
- If the place where you got your computer offers free checkups then take them up on it. You still might want to take your computer for a checkup no matter what. Most of the places make you pay a price. Trust me, it’s worth every penny.
I hope none of you ever fall for a scam but if you do, the above steps can help you. **Please Note** I only mentioned a few things you can do through my experiences.
Please share your experiences if you have any and some tips to follow that I haven’t mentioned.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Hello and welcome to WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING). I would like to talk to you about the Do’s And Don’ts Of Flashlight Safety. I can just here what some of you may be thinking and that is What do I need to know about flashlight safety? What you need to know may surprise you.
As I mentioned briefly in the welcome flashlight safety is important. You see growing up as a child my father was a Safety Director. I learned a lot from him and I’m still learning from him. For example, just the other night I learned something about flashlight safety I didn’t know. I’ll get into that later in my post. You guessed it, flashlight safety is more than going to a store, picking out the color of flashlight you want and paying for it. Now on to the DO’s And Don’ts Of Flashlight Safety. I’m going to start with the Don’ts.
- Don’t leave batteries in flashlights or anything else when it’s not going to be in use for a while.
- Don’t shove your flashlight under your bed or somewhere thinking you’ll be using it sometime soon. Take it from me the likelihood of that happening is slim and none.
- Don’t wait to your flashlight goes completely out to replace the batteries. If the light on your flashlight is getting dim then it’s time to replace the batteries. Remember, you never know when the electric will go out so be prepared.
- Don’t wait to your battery gets corrosive to replace batteries. If your batteries are corrosive then it could hurt the workings of the flashlight.
- If for some reason your flashlight battery is past being corrosive and if you’re not sure then here is an example that happened to me. The other night I was looking for birthday cards and pictures when I came across a flashlight I had shoved under my bed. Guess what? That flashlight I found was completely ruined because it was past corrosive. In fact, There was a white powder on the book from the flashlight. As soon as I showed it to Dad he told me what the white powder was and to wash my hands immediately. The white powder was battery acid in a powdered form. When you see this white powder, trash your flashlight and wash your hands with soap and water. I’m showing you 3 different to show you what your should and shouldn’t look like. These pictures may look the same but it’s to show you which flashlights are bright, dim and dead.
- First, after buying a flashlight and of course some backup flashlights too. When you get home with your flashlights first decide if you’re going to use all of them if not then only put batteries in the ones to be used.
- Buy a flashlight with a very bright light. Usually the flashlights with other things on it and are made if you’re caught alongside the road will do.
- If you are able, try to make sure there is a flashlight in every room if not almost every room.
- Do buy a lantern and/or a portable light that can be used when the electric goes out.
These are just a few of the Do’s and Don’ts of Flashlight Safety.
- Flashlight Safety – Bing – This link gives you a bunch of links to choose from.
- Battery Care: Do’s And Don’ts By Energizer – This is a fantastic link. I recommend it plus you’ll find other things about batteries on this page.
I have been nominated for another award everyone. I’m honored, privileged and thrilled to say that https://romeodiverona.com/ from the blog ROMEO was very nice to nominate me. I want to send ROMEO a Huge big thank you for this award.
WHAT THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGERS AWARD IS
The Brotherhood Of The World Bloggers Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers.
- Thank The Person Who Nominated You And Link Back To Their Blog.
- Answer The Questions Sent To You.
- Nominate 10 Bloggers.
- Create Your Set Of Questions For Your Nominees.
- List The Rules And Display The Brotherhood Of The World Bloggers Award Logo In Your Post And/In Your Blog.
- Pets Overload
- Happiness Between Tails
- The Recipe Hunter
- Jerri Perri
- Comedy Plus
- Cat Lady From Austria
- Bluefish Way
- Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life
- Crotchety Cougars
- Canadian Cats
- Musings of a Senior Kitty
OK so I deviated from the 10 nominees and put 11 nominees instead. Actually, I feel everyone deserves this award so don’t take it personally if I didn’t nominate you.
QUESTIONS FOR MY BLOG NOMINEES
- What Makes You Angry?
- What Was Your Last Random Act Of Kindness?
- What Is Your Key To Happiness?
- What Is Your Philosophy In 3 Words?
- Why Did You Start Blogging?
- What Pet(s) Do You Own?
- What Encourages You The Most And How Do You Encourage(Not Flatter) Others?
- What Made You Choose The Name Of Your Blog?
QUESTIONS ASKED BY ROMEO(MY ANSWERS WILL BE IN ITALICS)
- What Makes You Angry? A lot of things make me angry. Examples are: Lies, Protesting, People not using common sense just to name a few.
- What Was Your Last Random Act Of Kindness? Helping my mother.
- What Is Your Key To Happiness? Believing in Jesus Christ Our Lord.
- What Is Your Philosophy In 3 Words? Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.
- Why Did You Start Blogging? Mostly due to curiosity and I thought it looked fun. To find out more you can go to Fundamentals Of Blogging: Day 1 – Who I Am and Why I’m Here . Even though this link will take you to my other blog it does tell you why I started both blogs.
- What Pet(s) Do You Own? I have 1 cat named Daisy Mae. I call her Queen Daisy Mae Because she rules the house.
- What Encourages You The Most And How Do You Encourage(Not Flatter) Others. I like to be encouraged by others that like what I do and I am open to suggestions. I try to let people know what I like and tell them to keep up the good work. I also encourage people through joining McGuffy’s Reader Sparks each week too.
- What Made You Choose The Name Of Your Blog? Like I previously said, I have a cat named Daisy Mae. I named it for her. Also you can go to Fundamentals Of Blogging: Day 1 – Who I Am And Why I’m Here . Like before even though it takes you to CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE but states why I started both blogs.
Once again, I would like to thank ROMEO for nominating me for the Brotherhood Of The World Bloggers Award.