This is that wonderful time of the year that we buy gifts for our friends and family. We are willing to go out and join the hustle and bustle of the season just to buy the perfect gift. Now the hard part and that’s buying a gift within your budget. It can be done and I figured out some ways to stay within your budget. I will list some ways that can help you and I know they work because I’ve tried them.
A lot of us buy online instead of in store now days mostly for convenience sake and that is all well and good but have you ever compared the prices online to the in store prices? I have and most of the time I found that in store prices were lower. Yes I’m taking in consideration of coupons too. You see a lot of times when buying online whether it be on “Black Friday” or Sometime Else, the prices will be different. Sure they’re supposed to be lower on “Black Friday” but are they really? For Example, you go online find an item you want to give someone then you find the same item on the same site an hour or so later for a lower price. Even worse you find out you could have bought the same item in store for a way lower price than for what you paid. Has this ever happened to you. Let me know in the comments or by using the contact form at the end of the post. Now onto my tips for staying within your budget.
11 TIPS TO GIVE NICE CHRISTMAS GIFTS WHEN YOU’RE ON A BUDGET
- Write Down The People And/Or Animals You Want To Give Gifts To.
- Figure Out A Reasonable Base Price For Each Person And Don’t Go Over It.
- Find Something The Person Will Really Like That Is Within Your Budget.
- If You Find That You Might Be Going Over Budget Change Your Gift(there is Nothing Wrong With Changing Your Gift).
- If You Find Everything You Want To Buy Is Over Your Budget Then You Can Make A Gift For Your People Who You Are Giving To If You’re A Crafty Person.
- Remember It’s The Thought That Counts Not How Much Money You Spend.
- After You Found Gifts on Your Budget For The People And/Or Animals, Now The Waiting Begins To Get The Gifts If You Ordered them. If Not, You Can Start Wrapping If You Please.
- If You Found Only Some Of Your Gifts-No Problem. I Am Sure You Will Keep Looking Till All Gifts Are Bought.
- Another Thing I Do Each Year And Have Found It Helpful Is I Write Down On Index Cards Or A Note Pad The Names Of People And/Or Animals I’m Giving A Gift To, What Their Gift Or Gifts Are, Have I Ordered Or Bought Them And Finally Whether Or Not I Got Them. If I Haven’t Got Them I Don’t Write Anything Down.
- Animals Mean A Lot To Us So Like People We Over Spend. Set A Set Price For Your Cat Or Dog. Yes I Said Set A Price For Your Pet. If there Is A Pet Carrier, A Scratching Post Or A Cage For Your Dog Set It At A Price You Can Afford. Your Pet Might Get That Perfect Gift From You/Santa Paws After All.
- After Getting All Your Gifts Hopefully On Budget too, You’re ready To Start Your Christmas Wrapping. Don’t Wait To The Last Minute.
When I buy for my family of 11+people, I have to follow these tips. Only problem is I always go over budget with my Mom and Dad but everybody else I stay within my budget.
Now the next 2 sections will be about Cats and Dogs.
Some good gifts for your cat are:
- Cardboard Boxes.
- Cat Grass.
- Cat Toys To Exercise Your Cat.
- Cat Food.
- A New Pet Bed.
- A New Blanket For Your Cat To Sleep On.
- Balls Of Yarn.
- More Catnip.
- A Heated House.
- A New Scratch Post
- A New Cat Tree.
Now For Gifts For Dogs. Since Dogs and Cats are different but both like Christmas their gift list is somewhat different too. What a dog might want is:
- Dog Food.
- Dog Toys To Exercise Your Dog.
- A New Collar.
- A New Pet Bed.
- A New Pet Carrier.
- A New Crate Or Cage.
- A Heated House.
Now that I’ve given you some tips to stay within your budget when you buy gifts, I certainly hope these tips help you. Happy Shopping Everyone.
Today is day 6 of Blogmas. 19 days to go. I decided to write on My Favorite Christmas Songs And My Cat’s Favorite Christmas Songs. You read right my cat has favorite Christmas songs. I thought I would start with my cat’s favorite Christmas songs. They are listed on the image below.
My cat told me she had some more favorite Christmas songs. they are on the images below. Does your cat or dog have favorite Christmas songs like my cat, Daisy Mae? Please let me know in the comment section or by using the contact form at the end of this post.
Now my Favorite Christmas Songs. They are as follows:
- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.
- Santa Clause Is Coming To Town.
- Up On The Housetop.
- Handel’s Messiah.
- Joy To The World.
- Hark The Herald Angels Sing.
- Mary Did You Know?
- Here Comes Santa Clause, Here Comes Santa Clause.
- O Christmas Tree.
- Jingle Bells.
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
I could list more because I have several favorite Christmas Songs. What are your favorite Christmas songs? Please tell me in the comment section or contact me by the contact form I’m adding at the end of this post. Yes I’m really interested in knowing.
For Blogmas Day 2, Daisy Mae and I have decided to do our Christmas Wish Lists.
The things on my grown up wish list that I’m asking for from Santa are as follows:
- A computer.
- A Diamond Ring.
- Some Mystery/Suspense Books.
- To Be With My Family.
- Peace On Earth And Goodwill Toward Everyone.
- Another Good Year Blogging.
- To See The New Year And Enjoy It.
- To Get A Full-Time Job With Benefits.
- To Understand My Computer More.
- Not To Judge But Respect Peoples Opinions/Choices Even If I Think They Are Wrong.
Daisy Mae’s Christmas wish list.
- Cat Nip.
- Lots Of Kitty Treats.
- Kitty Litter That Clumps.
- Cat Nip Toys.
- Cat Grass.
- More Cat Nip.
- Lots Of Cuddling And Snuggling.
- Lots Of Love.
- Lots Of Meow Mix And Fancy Feast Cat Food.
- I Hope Everyone Gets What They Asked Santa For And More Especially My Human.
- I Want Lots Of Companionship.
Hello Everyone, It’s Daisy Mae and I thought I’d update you on what’s been happening to my Sister(Crystal) and myself these last few days. These last few days have been well traumatic for the both of us.
On Friday October 11, 2017 in the evening is when things all started and literally went haywire for my sister, Crystal. You see she was on her computer and needed to charge it and when she went to charge it, it wouldn’t charge and the cord wouldn’t even stay in. She took it to Staples the next day and found out the damage was worse than she thought. As it turns out where you charge the computer in that hole was pushed back at least 1/4 of an inch and the Motherboard on the computer had gone. The Associates said because it cost so much to get fixed it would be best to get a brand new computer so that’s what my wonderful Sister, Crystal did. Crystal was without a computer for a few days while they transferred and got things set up.
On Monday October 12, 2017 I had to go to that bad vet for a follow-up check-up. My owners put me in this pet carrier which I absolutely hated and what happens when went around the corner of the receptionist’s desk, the carrier fell apart with me in it. Not good. Daddy held me and cuddled me until I had to go back in the carrier again but he didn’t carry it by the handle like before. My follow-up check-up went well and no infections found. That was my Experience at the vet.
The day didn’t get better either because the place that transferred Crystal’s files she discovered some of them were transferred in Word and can’t be open without Office. She wasn’t happy. If there is anyone that knows how to change out of word please let her know. She did what any normal human would do and called the computer place for help and they refused to give the help. Told her to call Microsoft and she did that twice and got nowhere. She got the run-a-round and didn’t get a solution to her problem.
So once again if anyone knows how to switch out of word so she can open her files please let her know.
Then to end yesterday, right after supper the internet goes out until morning. She tried a little trick her provider told her and it helped.
We are both very sorry we didn’t get any posts out in the last few days but as you can see it’s been a rough few days. I will eventually get my cat quotes and fun facts out on CRYSTAL’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE and WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) .
So I guess you could say that Friday the 13th came early for my sister, Crystal and I. LOL
Thanks For Reading Everyone!!
Graphics By: Pusheen.com
Hi everyone it’s Daisy Mae again. Yes that’s right I’m back again isn’t that just wonderful? Of course it is. I know you like my cat quotes. So this weekend I’m doing something different and I’m bring you a cat quote that’s also an English superstition. How cool is that? What’s that you say? You can’t wait to see the Cat Quote And English superstition all rolled into one? Well in that case and without further adieu below is the Cat Quote/ English superstition. Enjoy it and have a great weekend.
A cat sleeping with all four paws tucked under means cold weather ahead.
An old cat will not learn how to dance.
Hi everyone, since Mom is taking a well deserved rest from blogging and only concentrating on her blogging course called Commenting Basics she said it would be OK for me to blog. So I Daisy Mae thought it would be great if I shared a couple of cat quotes and some pictures with you. Above is Sister Tigger before she passed away on 9-11-2015.
Cats choose us; we don’t own them.
A cat can be trusted to purr when she is pleased, which is more than can be said for human beings.
_____William Ralph Inge